The lectures are aimed at preparing participants with some basic understanding about the law, politics, social and cultural contexts of ASEAN as a community and of some selected ASEAN Member States as they are experiencing rapid transition in recent years. The lectures will be focused on the history of political and social development of the region; the establishment of constitutional order, legal/judicial institutions and legal professions in some Member States, including Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia and Myanmar; and the recent efforts to construct a more integrated ASEAN Community.
The lectures will be organized into two parts separated by one day. The first part will mainly consist of lectures whereas about 60% of the second part will be featured by active discussions (among the participants) on specific regional topics and short presentations/research reports by individual participants on selected political/social/legal issues particular to the countries covered by the first part lectures. Participants are expected to ultimately develop their own viewpoints and ideas about some ongoing legal and political issues of the region, as a result of the combination of lectures, discussions, student reports and presentations.
Although these lectures are designed to assist the School of Law Japanese students who will join the short-term overseas field studies under the Campus ASEAN (SEND) scheme, all other students are equally welcome.
|到達目標||Anticipated achievements by participants:
- Basic understanding about the different contexts of ASEAN and its Member States;
- Necessary capacity to do quick research on some outstanding issues of the region;
- Increasing confidence in making short presentations in English;
- Capacity to conduct basic comparative studies between the legal and political institutions in Japan and in other Asian countries.
- To be recommended based on individual needs of the participants. (However, some basic materials may be distributed in advance of the lectures)
- Attendance (or submission of one or two special reports in case of absence for two sessions or more): 40%
- Short presentations: 30%
- Active participation in discussions during class: 30%
|履修条件||Qualifications for participants:
- Capacity to understand lectures in English and to read, with or without the help of a dictionary, referential books or materials in English;
- Willingness to speak, discuss and make short presentations in English;
- Interests in Southeast Asia and/or related countries;
- Participation in the short-term/long-term overseas field studies promoted by the Campus ASEAN (SEND) Program.
|その他の注意||Instructions will be conducted mainly in English, with some possible supplementary explanations in Japanese. But discussions and presentations by students are expected to take place in English only.|
要綱ページには、表形式にまとめたコース スケジュールと、採点についての基本事項が 示されています。コースの体制、コースの方針、その他何に関することでも、コメント、補足、 ご自分の考えなどを自由に追加できます。
コメントを追加するには、右側にある "要綱の記述の編集" リンクをクリックします。